View Single Post
Old 02-10-22, 10:23 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Consecutive bicycle work commute number 1361:

16°F this morning, but only about a 5 mph headwind so the temp wasn't too bad. My thighs and toes got a bit frosty by the time I made it to the office. Always amazing how parts of your body can get so cold, while at the same time other parts (like my shirt) were completely drenched in sweat.

Supposed to get above freezing and rain a bit this afternoon, so I took the hybrid with fenders. Don't like riding in cold rain, but we need the moisture so bad that I'm not going to complain about it.

Was putting on one of my riding jackets before I left the house and the zipper broke. So I put on my other riding jacket. That jacket doesn't match the pants I wore today, but I decided to commit a fashion faux pas rather than take the time to change pants. I brought the broken jacket with me and I'll drop it off at the tailor for repair while I'm out.

Today was a milestone day: six years since the last time I drove a vehicle to work. I hardly ever take a selfie, but it's become somewhat of a tradition to take one on my commuting anniversary date: