Old 02-15-20, 04:35 PM
GreenAnvil

Bikes: 2014 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 LE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Chad991
Enlarge the video, far left of the screen, clearly a stop sign...gotta frame by frame as it is in the first couple second...made me take a second and third look,lol.
Just did. I see the yellow arrows sign indicating to the oncoming traffic (from the road that the kids turned into) that that the road ends and you gotta turn right or left. I also see some sort of squared sign, but not the octagonal-shape stop sign. And mostly glare reflections from the police dash cam, but no sign.

I’ll look for it on my large monitor screen.

Edit: Nope, still can't see it. I see a squared-shape sign, but that's not a stop sign (assuming we're referring to the sign to the far left right in front of the yellow-arrow warning sign). And the sign shouldn't be at the other end of the intersection but rather at the start of the intersection (before) for oncoming traffic. Another comment is, if you advance the video to the 28-second mark, you will see the stop sign for the road the kids turned into. Usually, all-stop signs refer to four-stop or three-way stop signs, and according to the Connecticut DOT:

"All-way stops are a low cost form of intersection control. Stop signs are placed at each road approaching an intersection requiring all drivers to stop before proceeding through the intersection. All-way stops are commonly referred to as four-way or three-way stops. The first vehicle to reach the intersection should move forward first. If two vehicles reach the intersection at the same time, the driver on the right would proceed first."

If you look at the stop sign (again, 28-second mark) there's no all-way sign under the stop sign as you see for the one at the beginning of the video. So, in the context of the video, the all-way sign at the beginning of the video just means "if another car gets to stop sign at the same time you do (the road to the right), s(he) has the right of way."

So, I didn't see the stop sign that you are referring to, even while looking at the video on a 30-something inch monitor. Your eyes are definitely much better than mine.

Another edit: Looked now at the 2nd video. See a sign there but still looks squarish to me. But I’ll concede that may be it.

Last edited by GreenAnvil; 02-15-20 at 05:40 PM.