Old 03-11-21, 10:07 AM
a_d_a_m

Bikes: 2021 Kona Sutra, Ragley parts-cycle

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 1,242 Times in 336 Posts
Belly pain after hard riding?

Beer-bellied SuperClyde here. Historically, I've ridden pretty much flat terrain, but as said in another thread, I need to work on my hills. With the nice weather the past few days, I decided to try.

3/8 - 8.02mi, half of which was 3-4% grade

3/9 - 24.35mi, half of which was 1-5% grade and one short but rather severe hill
3/10 - 17.44mi, with sustained headwind of 10mph and gusts around 20mph

Last night I felt some very minor stomach discomfort along the lower right side of my belly. Woke up this morning and it felt the same. By the time I got to work, it was a lot worse and eventually to the point that sitting/standing became a challenge. I have no nausea whatsoever, no fever, no gassiness, and had a normal 'movement' this morning. I took an 800mg ibuprofen (prescribed me for a previous issue) and the pain has subsided considerably, to where it is barely noticeable.

Of course, I've WebMD'd it and determined that I either have cancer or appendicitis... I did a telemedicine doctor's appointment and the doc says it COULD be the riding, it COULD be appendicitis, etc etc etc I received no answer beyond 'go to the doctor and get a cat scan/blood work'. So, yeah, that may be on the list.

But, in the meantime until I do that... I've seen a few threads here that mention similar symptoms, so now I'm wondering if maybe it was just the extra strain combined with my thighs bouncing into my belly and jostling my innards around? Too much hard riding too soon?

Anyone ever dealt with this? Am I on the right track?