View Single Post
Old 08-01-21, 05:58 PM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by dedhed
That spot on 894 isn't a place I'd like to stop. Was South of Madison today and the whole trip, both ways, I had to keep checking the mirror for the bike on the back. The replacement plastic covers on those shifters are also unobtanium except for the guy 3D printing them on Ebay.
Yah..you can be sure when/if this rack gets back on the road it'll be as solid as the hitch it's attached to. Watching my bike flop backward and disappear was about the strangest thing I ever saw. I'll be a bit puckered and watching the rear view mirror early and often. I signed up on the waitlist-newsletter for the 1UP rack today..they're back-logged somewhere between 6 and 11 weeks. ..there's a good chance my old rack will see more use.

I went through the plastic covers thing..and bought the 3D ones on ebay. They're actually not bad(not great, but not bad, given the alternative) and they do fit. If you look up top at the shifter pics you'll see them.