Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat
Not a clue. Thule doesn't seem to attach a model number sticker to their racks. The type (fork mount hitch carrier) I have were reasonably common about 15-20 years ago. I've been researching modern carriers. There's been ALOT of turnover in carrier design over the years.
The reason I ask is that the rack looks a little odd to me... like it could be someone’s DIY job. But hard to tell from pics.

Like, why would there be wing-nut style bolts holding the trays down on a rack like that? That can only fasten down in one place, and why would you ever need to take them off?

And having just a single bolt holding the trays down on both ends also seems odd. I am used to seeing that style of tray stabilized with mounts on the fork end spread a few inches apart, perpendicular to the tray. This stabilizes the bike.

Also, it looks like black part of the rack is rather heavy-duty, and the silver cross members are much smaller, and it is odd to see bolts holding them on like that... it just does not look like something that would be something Thule would design and sell.

I could be wrong, but just though I would throw that out there.

Last edited by Kapusta; 08-02-21 at 08:12 AM.