View Single Post
Old 12-19-21, 08:58 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 1,468 Times in 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Bike Friday has a trailer kit. I don't know about a 1000+ mile tour, but I've pulled mine on a few century-plus rides.

I took it on a train ride once. Clothes in a duffel. Duffel out of the trailer when the bike goes in. And, the duffel goes into the trailer when the bike comes out.

There is no reason a S&S couldn't have a similar trailer built, although packing the bike and trailer together might be tight. But, I often toss the trailer wheels and frame into the duffel anyway.
I have never heard of or seen anyone use a hard shell S&S case as a trailer, but I see no reason why that could not be done the same way that the Bike Friday trailer works.

In post 12 above I stated:
I did a ACA self supported tour, two people had Bike Fridays and pulled the case as a trailer on wheels. They did not need to have the case stored somewhere.

That ACA tour was about 350 miles. One of the Bike Friday riders approaching Logan Pass on Going to the Sun Road in the photo below.