Old 05-14-21, 10:50 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Ataylor
Sorry...just saw this post. Super glad to hear the positive reviews from you as well as others. Got my wheels a few days ago, but haven't had a chance to install and ride them just yet.

On a side note, I had no idea about the TLR strip. From an outsiders perspective, it seems like a game-changing method of going tubeless. I was ready to botch up the job using rim tape, but the installation was super easy using the strip. Just click into place and you're all set.

Quick question, though. Have you ever had to install a tube on the road because of a puncture? And if so, did you remove the TLR strip or just add the tube over the strip? Seems like it would be a super tight fit with the strip, if it's even possible.

I've also heard it recommended that you don't reinstall a removed TLR strip, I assume because the overall integrity will somehow be negatively affected? Not sure on that, though. Either way, this is said in the event that a tube is absolutely needed when sealant, patches and things like dynaplugs don't work. Any thoughts?

Good luck with your new build. Hope you enjoy it.

I've already got my wheels, so I'm going to hold off on going custom for now. I've definitely been taking notes of everything you guys have said thus far, though. I'll have to do some more research and hopefully can come up with a list of components I'd like to use, but I do have a question for you since you're into hubs. Between the Chris King, the Onyx Vesper and the DT Swiss 240, which of the three would you choose and why? Does it boil down to preference or are they ratable in terms of quality?
ive put in a tube roadside a couple of times over the last 7 years of being tubeless. I installed normally, just removing the valve but left my tubeless Tim strip in place