View Single Post
Old 05-18-21, 10:39 PM
Ataylor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Chandne
Check out the DTs. They make some noise but not much. I love the Chris King muted buzz ( I grease them each season...sometimes twice so they stay a bit muted) and have also used their black hubs which are more muted than the DT red/black (the DT 350s are black/white). If you want totally silent, try the Onyx hubs. They MAY be heavier and I am not sure if they have more drag, but it is the only other hub I would personally consider. I have never had a hub issue with CK and DT and have been using them since 2000 or so. I used a Hadley too which I loved but their website is terrible (not sure if they still have one) and they are a tiny company so they don't build that many hubs. Like DT and CK, they are lifetime hubs. My local shop just said that they can get them (I think the guys knows the Hadley owner) so I may try them again next time I need a new build for MTB or road.
The Onyx are definitely on the list. I think it'll probably boil down to the Vesper's or the 240's. That'll all be for another season, though. Will try out the Bontrager for now and continue to gather as much information as I can before I even consider a custom build.
Likes For Ataylor: