View Single Post
Old 10-25-21, 10:20 AM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
Just looking at your build, I would say that, unfortunately, you have a bunch of fairly expensive and fairly light components all leading upto a fairly light bike. There's no silver bullet here.

Darimo T1 Loop Seatpost Aero/Not round ? Darimo Carbon

Darimo will make you a 95g seatpost that will probably save around 100g. You can also get their sub 200g bar-stem that they just announced. That will probably shave off a solid 100-200g.

The wheels seem to weigh 1470g. Quite portly for a set of tubulars. The cadens are a good choice if you want something aero. Their 25mm wheelset weighs 940g so you'd lose a solid 500g. ax lightness sells a similar wheelset for double the price that saves you another 100g.

You can save another 150g on the crankset. Maybe 50-100g on the saddle if you get a berk or something. You can get a one piece cassette that will shave off 70g. Ti/bolt-on skewer, at least up front. Etc etc. WeightWeenies is a better place to inquire about this.

so I just mentioned several thousand dollars in "upgrades" that will save you *maybe* 1.2kg. Is it really worth it?

Personally, the first upgrade I would make is a BBinfinite or hambini bottom bracket. A stiffer bottom bracket is both cheaper and more noticeable than any of these upgrades. Then I'd look getting nicer tires. Weight isn't everything. The rolling resistance, comfort and stiffness of a bike matter just as much, if not more and can usually be improved with a lot less money.

Last edited by smashndash; 10-25-21 at 10:47 AM.
Likes For smashndash: