OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty View Post
I don't know why you guys are arguing in a dropper post thread in the MTB sub about road bike tire pressure. A retread, if you will, of a familiar topic. Perhaps you are lost and need directions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePower View Post
Maybe dumb question but can you have both a dropper post and a suspension seat on a mountain bike? Thanks.

Originally Posted by BikePower
because the thread is about ride comfort on a mountain bike with a dropper post, not a road bike. Tire pressure is related to suspension and ride comfort. Now we are talking about my percieved trade off with comfortable tire pressure being increased pedal effort and increased friction.
not to be contentious, but Darth Lefty was bringing up the pertinent point. OP was about dropper post with possible 'suspension' - no mention of intended use...
then you added more ...
again the pertinent point seems to be the bike is used on-road mostly.
commonly a dropper is used for 'off-road' riding - not saying you can;t use it however, but that - your intent wasn;t stated...
... I, as prolly many others, made a wrong assumption - that you had a HT and riding 'offroad', wanted both a 'dropper' feature as well as some suspension to take the edge off 'hits' and smooth the ride a bit.
nor was there a mention of 'gravel riding' - which might be another area where a dropper/suspension post might be desirable... then the 120 tire pressure thing out of left field.
... there's a huge amount of data out there for tire rolling resistance/tire pressure/profile... most of it for 'road' tires, now showing further expansion into 'gravel' widths and treads.
... not much on knobby mtb tires - as expected...
best way to clarify 'preconceptions' and misconceptions is to search and read what's on the internet.
Ride On
Yuri