View Single Post
Old 01-19-22, 10:12 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Liked 3,973 Times in 2,655 Posts
Well going to say no on that only because you gave us little information about yourself or your commute or anything like that. If commuting probably the more spokes is better but in the end a well built well is most important granted with more spokes tends to be less catastrophic if it fails.

Yes wider tires are important and do help a lot but I think you can probably do a 28-32mm tire in those rims and maybe a touch wider but yeah it is a bit narrower.

I would let folks know what wheels you have or if nothing commercially available list what parts are used and then also tell us what your roads or like or where you are commuting and also how much you weigh and how much you are carrying. We are not all knowing (though I know the most and have a bigly brain...LOL) so you have to give us the info so we can help you but in general more spokes probably a better commuting wheel (up to a point) but a hand built wheel from a professional vs. a crappy machine built wheel will likely last longer and can be better tuned to a rider.