View Single Post
Old 02-17-22, 06:31 PM
jkbrooks

Bikes: Ti Mosaic G2 & Ti Davidson coupled

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
I did the EV1 from Bordeaux to the Atlantic coast and south to Donostia (then back to Bayonne to catch train back to Bordeaux.) Not exactly hard core touring (I slept in small hotels & b&b's) but the EV1 was absolutely splendid. There were times I was rolling through pine forests along the coast, not a soul in sight, on a dedicated bike path, next to a perfectly suitable & underutilized rural road (also with no one on it) . . . last August! Talk about spoilt for choice! I also rode from Le Mans out to Brest on (mostly) the PBP route (because NFW I will do the actual ride.) That was fantastic in a number of other ways but my experience on the EV1 made me think that given my limited time, my next trip will be on one of the EuroVelo routes. Thinking Lyon to Montpellier or Marseilles on the EV17 (I've lived in france and speak a bit of french so that's kinda my thing.) Here's the Lyon to Montpellier route. Far from bad ass but looks like it would be a really fun ride. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37806317

I'm not one of the fast kids so riding up some flipping mountain for 5 hours so I can ride down for 1 isn't really in my "dreamscape." But it would be cool to say I'd ridden up Mount Ventoux. But mostly I can't keep up with the cool kids that would understand what that meant anyway!