Thread: Too old to BMX
View Single Post
Old 03-20-20, 10:06 AM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by acir71
There are real light pegs out there, St Martin has some sweet ones chk it out.
Tt is 20.75. I tried my friend's 20.5 setup, it feels much better into & out of the bowls. A bit fast & aggresive? Nvr thought you'd actually feel the diff. I'm 5'7.
Now am running 20.1 front n back. You hv 20.4 on yours?

Yeah 2.4 (came on the bike), I keep debating about if I wanna change the tires or not. They guy I bought it from gives a lot of good advice and he lives near me. He's been riding since the 80s and he prefers smaller tires. He just built one with Maxxis Grifters 2.1. I have some cheap bell 2.125's on my cheap bike that I debate switching out to see if I'd like smaller but I just remember feeling like they're hard as a rock when doing hops. BUT, that bike is also heavier. And probably some higher quality tires at 2.1 compared to a lower quality 2.1 probably feel a lot better.

I'm not sure what the pros and cons are. The pros to a fat tire is it is pretty comfy. I like the 2.3 kenda K rads on my daughters MTB. It's one of the most comfy bikes we got. But my BMX bike feels pretty comfy too and I'm sure the fat tires has something to do with that. But one thing I don't like about them is they look almost cartoonish. Since my rims are matte black and they kind of have a bow in the middle (different design than some other rims) it just all looks like a huge balloon of a wheel. Sort of annoying me. And Easterns huge billboard of lettering is sort of goofy too.

So... I've been sort of trying to figure out if I want to swap them. They feel good but maybe a smaller tire would help with manuals???? I here one pro of smaller tires is easier to go faster and possibly they might feel a bit more stable when doing flatland type tricks?