Old 04-30-20, 08:14 AM
Cypress
Globo Gym lifetime member

Bikes: Fast ones

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked 614 Times in 306 Posts
Pretty sad that the police seem to have a "you're on a bike so who gives a bakers ****" attitude. I got stopped by an irate dude on a state highway in the middle of nowhere once (he pulled over and blocked the road). He got out of his rig with a baseball bat in his hand and threatened to bash my brains out if he caught me out there again, all while shaking the bat in my face. The county sheriff dispatcher deadass told me (via phone after I called 911) "sir we can't suppress his 1st amendment rights" and wouldn't even take his licence plate number. I started carrying concealed on the bike after that, but then stopped because of how much of a pain in the ass it was...literally.

Tried to ride last night but got a block from my place before it started raining. Oregon has this fun thing where there will be a ZERO percent chance of precip while it's currently raining. Wasn't mentally into it, so 2 hours of tempo work turned into a 30-second warmup followed by a 4-minute cool down, then dinner.

The weatherman has been downright shoddy this year. Pretty sure I could be a better weatherman by using a cheap wind/temp/baro gauge and looking out the window.

Last edited by Hermes; 04-30-20 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Getting around the sensor