View Single Post
Old 06-09-21, 10:18 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
I have a 6' Bikes At Work trailer. And I live in a perfectly flat city other than bridges. I could haul the lamp. That's not the point really. I've biked across the USA five times self contained. Irrelevant to this discussion. I could ride out a Category 5 hurricane in New Orleans, but I'm not - I'll fill the car with my bikes and stuff and evacuate to live and ride another day to be lectured in this ghost town of a forum. Maybe that's why people don't come in here much. Unless you live on the freaking MOON with your bike there will be times when you need or want motorized transport. Like after an injury or surgery. I ain't getting any younger. Now I can baby any cycling overuse injury properly.
The reason why this forum is (your words) a ghost town is because there aren't that many LCF interested in posting about it. It's so shameful to be LCF, why ever would you want to talk about it with strangers? But, way to go, defend your situation by bringing The MOON into the argument. There is no need to be defensive. I am only making the point that most, and maybe all, of the common arguments for why people must have cars at the ready, even if they do not use them much, are false. No one NEEDS a car. It only seems that way. When one absolutely cannot have a car, the truth of that becomes more obvious.