View Single Post
Old 05-02-21, 12:58 AM
icemilkcoffee 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 1,745 Times in 980 Posts
OK! Project Linear is back on track. When we last left off, I had just taken the groupset, wheel, stem, etc off of the Linear to put on my wife's bike. So now the Linear is back to square one. Stripped clean and back on the stand:

In the mean time I have completely changed my plans for this bike. I got a 600 tri-color groupset, and got a new handlebar/stem and shifter. The only thing carried over from the first iteration was the tire.
I got a Sun Ringle rim off Ebay for the grand sum of $10. I wanted a shallow rim with eyelets, to match the (BMX?) front rim. Here is the wheel freshly built by Mr Rabbit: Sun Ringle rim with 600 tri-color hub.:

When we last left off, the old seat post/seat combo was just a tad high for me, even at the lowest setting. After a lot of scrouging around, I found the Sakae seat post which is probably the lowest rise seatpost available:

Compared to the original Kalloy seatpost, the Sakae seatpost mounts the seat about 15mm lower.
I also decided to go with a Nitto RB009 bar instead of the original bar and tt brake levers.
Bike is taking shape:

After installing 105 brake levers, 600 brakes and 600 crankset, I got on the bike and did the KOPS routine and adjusted the bar/stem:

I ran out of daylight for today. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish putting the groupset on there!
Likes For icemilkcoffee: