View Single Post
Old 12-12-20, 06:56 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
I hang out on the TR forum quite a bit, people love to argue about whether the ramp test works for them or not and what the "best" protocol is (one faction are adherents to the Kolie Moore FTP test which is a TTE effort). Anyhow, maybe you can set yourself closer to your 20min outdoor result and be ok. I know I always crap out on the ramp, I kind of just play things by ear and eschew formal testing these days
I think some of this might be due to a calibration issue. I was experimenting running both TR and Zwift at the same time, so I used my Quarq power for Zwift and the trainer power for TR and the trainer was pretty low in comparison. After about 10 minutes I ran the calibration on the trainer and that got it to within a few watts of each other.

Finished the workout, which was supposed to be a threshold workout but it felt like low sweetspot. So that is another indicator that the test wasn’t great. I’m going to try another ramp test in a day or two.