Old 10-04-21, 11:01 AM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKillerPenguin
I had umbilical hernia surgery in 2009. It is very unpleasant for a few days. You will walk hunched over for a week or so. It gets progressively less annoying over the course of like a month. I imagine you may be able to use a trainer after a week or two if you're getting itchy to ride.

I did not have mesh inserted, and the surgery seems to have held up fine. In my case the hernia was quite small though, so ymmv. Good luck, hope it goes smoothly.
Surgery was a success. I had a lot of anxiety before going under so they put some benzo in the IV before wheeling me over to the OR, kinda made me feel buzzed. Then before I realized it I was waking up in recovery. I was told I woke up super thankful and wanting to hug everyone, but I don't remember that part. I had to settle for high 5's. Pretty sore for a few days and I didn't know what to do with myself, but now a week later I feel mostly fine, just have to be careful not to over exert myself. I've done a couple easy trainer spins, z1-z2, and it actually feels less tension on the area when on the bike than when just sitting/walking around. My belly button area looks a mess, all bruised up still, but the swelling is coming down. The NSAID they gave me screwed up my stomach, but I managed to stay off the opioids at least. Not taking anything for the past couple of days. I hope it stays sealed up now and that I can start doing some lifting in a couple months. I've got a half marathon in November that I want to do, though I haven't tried going for a run yet. I'll probably give that at least a few more days before trying an easy one.

Last edited by wktmeow; 10-04-21 at 11:04 AM.