Old 06-07-22, 11:08 AM
Trainingwheelie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks a ton everybody!

I really appreciate everyone's generosity with your time and knowledge. That said, if you don't mind, I might just pick your brain a bit more while I have you here...

So, since my initial post, I've managed to get the old girl wiped down, greased up, and back back rolling again. And after 1 ride, I fear I may be standing at the edge of a rabbit hole. Already, my dumpster bike has cost me nearly $80 (new tires, tubes, a lock and the obligitory headlight) and I really haven't "Done" anything to it yet. For example I haven't even address the stem situation yet, nor would I know where to find a proper replacement and what that should cost.
Do you see what I'm getting at here? As cool as this bike is, I can already feel this getting real expensive real fast. And then there's the issue of time, man I just don't know if I can afford another hobby. After all, I'm married, I work full time, and my golf game is slipping. (handicap over 3 for the first time in at least a decade, SMH)
So my question is this, if I do decide to bail on this bike thing. What do you think this old schwinn is worth? Again, it's a 1985 Super Sport with Shimano 600 components and Tenax Columbus tubes all, clean, straight, rust free, and original except for the seat, stem, and handlebars. Oh. And the pedals are missing their straps.

Last edited by Trainingwheelie; 06-07-22 at 11:36 AM.