Old 09-20-22, 12:42 PM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1819 Post(s)
Liked 1,696 Times in 976 Posts
I would be hard pressed to choose if I were not a long time user of clipless pedals. Back when I started, the only Shimano road pedals on the market were Look clones manufactured under license. So, I started with Look pedals that I bought at a bike flea market for, I think $25. No brainer. These were first generation Looks that used the Delta type cleats. They were great, durable, designed so that you could pull the retention system apart for service, and it was easy to inject new grease into the bearings. They were designed to last almost forever. Later on I tried another couple of systems and gave my Look pedals to my son. He used them for many more years, probably still has them. eventually, I went back to Look pedals when the Keo pedals came out. I got a good deal on them because I was working for a distributor for Look products. I now have 4 bikes with Look Keo pedals. They work great for me. That said, I can see a couple of things about Shimano SPD SL pedals that may actually be better than Looks. I am not about to change over at this point, but if I were starting over I might well choose Shimano pedals. This is coming from a very long time very satisfied user of Look Keo pedals

Last edited by alcjphil; 09-20-22 at 12:47 PM.
Likes For alcjphil: