View Single Post
Old 09-10-21, 10:07 AM
billridesbikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 418 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
After getting burned a couple times with too-short warmups before races - and then having to switch to using a OLDER laptop when the HDMI socket on my main laptop started cutting out - I've developed a routine where FIRST I launch Zwift, THEN set the bike up on the trainer, THEN fill a water bottle and add ice, THEN get changed to ride.

Zwift Corollary to Murphy's Law means that the less time you allow yourself before an event, the larger the update that needs to install.
Yeah, that’s about what I do. First connect and boot laptop, launch Zwift, then fill any water bottles and add electrolytes, then put on the indoor cycling costume and HRM. Then I boot into the event, check the Bluetooth controlled fans, and make a few stupid comments in the chat like “Go easy on me today boys” while warming up. If I start the process at t~30min I can get a 15-20minute warm up before everyone goes like heck out of the gate. The final standing, if that matters at all to you, is really dependent on lining up early and going really hard in the few minutes for big races/events.