View Single Post
Old 09-10-21, 02:29 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10442 Post(s)
Liked 11,916 Times in 6,102 Posts
Originally Posted by billridesbikes
Yeah, that’s about what I do. First connect and boot laptop, launch Zwift, then fill any water bottles and add electrolytes, then put on the indoor cycling costume and HRM. Then I boot into the event, check the Bluetooth controlled fans, and make a few stupid comments in the chat like “Go easy on me today boys” while warming up. If I start the process at t~30min I can get a 15-20minute warm up before everyone goes like heck out of the gate. The final standing, if that matters at all to you, is really dependent on lining up early and going really hard in the few minutes for big races/events.
Something about the times when I can Zwift - between 5 and 7:30 PM PDT on weekdays - seems to make the fields really small often fewer than a dozen. This means it almost doesn't matter how close to the start I get in the starting pen. It also means all the podium finishes I've managed don't really mean much. But I have fun.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles