View Single Post
Old 08-04-23, 07:47 AM
Sedgemop 

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,215 Times in 652 Posts
Originally Posted by Bernie77
I'm between Mauston and Elroy right on 82 which puts me on the edge of the Driftless area. I'm big on dual sport motorcycles as well and have toured all through the Driftless across into Iowa and north to MN on both tarmac and dirt - beautiful topography. I did the Trans-WI Adventure Trail up to the Flambeau parks. I drove up to Ashland with my bike. That was beautiful but the hills kicked my butt. My range by bicycle is much more modest so I mostly do the small farm roads in my area - plenty of bluffs to huff and puff up. The state just repaved 82 with wide, smooth shoulders on the outside of deep rumble strips so when I just want to spin, it's great.

Thanks again for the welcomes!
Those are some good motorcycle adventures. That's good news on 82. I usually stay away from busier roads like that due to narrow shoulders and surprise rumble strips. Some of us are doing this ride not far from you in September. Maybe we'll see you out there.

https://www.csacoalition.org/bike-the-barns