View Single Post
Old 08-28-14, 09:55 PM
b dub 
CL Addict

Bikes: '50s Leon Cattrysse - late 50s Raleigh Lenton Sports - 1960/61 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix - '72 Canadian Tire Company Supercycle - '74 Raleigh International - '83 Nishiki Cresta - '84 Centurion Turbo - '86 v. Herwerden (Chesini) - '87 Specialized Sirr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 59 Posts
Phil Wood bottom bracket. English threaded, assume ISO taper. Link to thread: http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...ving-sale.html
Copy/Paste of original text: Phil Wood 109mm bb with English cups. Assume ISO since it was mated to a campy crankset. $50
Purchased the required install tool, tore my Torpado down, went to install, and there ITALIAN threaded cups. Nice. I'm not a real pain, and I'm pretty patient, so I sent a PM a week ago.
PM text: "It turns out the cups on that Phil Wood bottom bracket are Italian thread, not English. Just though you should know." Now, if it were me receiving that text, I would respond
asking how I could make it right. Having to purchase another set of cups makes this BB more expensive than if I had just bought a similar used one off ebay.
Not amused.
There must be more to the story. I've had a few transactions in the past with whatwolf and several interactions and all were extremely pleasant and prompt.