Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by wktmeow
Doge I think you might appreciate my pandemic project

I stuffed an inifinite baffle subwoofer manifold in my ceiling

It gets pretty scary loud, I'm afraid to crank it. I did a test tone at 15 hz without warning my wife and she thought we were having an earthquake. The drivers are a pair of 18" Fi Car Audio ib318v2 with 33mm of excursion. Extends down into the single digit hz with good spl, response could be a little flatter likely due to only having the one manifold and so susceptible to room modes. The best part about it is there is generally very low distortion with a setup like this, and the lack of a box gives a very uncolored sound that blends very well with music. I'd love a second manfiold, but it would be hard to find another good place for it in the attic, and wife would probably veto it.