Old 07-16-20, 12:10 PM
markynels

Bikes: CAAD13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclingFool95
I've finally put a couple of hundred miles onto the pair of 25mm. I have 23s mounted up on my Neutron Ultras but haven't tried them out yet. It's still tough to compare my experience with 23mm Gators on 15mm wheels, against these 25s on 21mm rims. They are certainly noisy on the roads I run, but they also seem quite quick. The ride I did yesterday packs all the climbing up front with a nice gently downhill trending run that lasts for several miles - had some sustained runs at 20-30 mph and they seemed very nice and smooth. On the same ride, I hit a couple of bits of road debris, one metallic, that I sent shooting across the road - no tire damage that I can see. Handling through sharp turns is really quite good, but I have to wonder how much of that is the tire and how much the wide rim and lower pressures. I'm going to try to get a comparison run on the Neutrons in the next few days. I'm happy enough with them so far that I ordered two more pairs from Merlin - they seem hard to beat at the price.
Happy to hear so far so good! Ya, tough to isolate impressions with the added noise of rim width, but I'm sure the tires are contributing greatly. Looking forward to the 2000+ mile longevity review
The road conditions on my routes of late have been pretty poor (Mix of gravel, hardpack, potholes everywhere, glass, junk etc..). After seeing all the GP5000 sidewall and puncture issues on this forum, my butt is puckered in waiting... How are the road conditions where you ride habitually? Curious to see how they align especially with regards to longevity on this new tires.

Regarding the Conti tan wall release, THRILLED!!!
Finding them locally, or in Canada is a different story..