View Single Post
Old 10-07-22, 08:00 PM
mr,grumpy 

Bikes: 1978(ish) Peugeot PRN10e, Specialized Tricross

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts
Here is my newest addition to my fleet, a 2016 Trek FX 7.2. I bought it off of Marketplace for next to nothing because it had two flat tires and the breaks didn't work. A couple hors with a hex wrench and a tire pump and it was functioning as it should. I added a couple pf old panders that I had laying around the house and it is all set to take over commuting duties from my venerable Trek 820. A keen observer will notice that just a few posts above this one is my Trek FXs4. I can't tell you how different these bikes are from each outer. The FXs4 truly feels and behaves like a "flat bar road bike" and the 7.2 is plush and comfortable and forgiving. I had to read the labels on the frame twice to make sure that it wasn't steel! It feels more like the spiritual descendent to the 820 than it does the ancestor of the FXs4. It looks like it might have lived a hard life before me, but on the other hand the tires are stock and look like new.

1980ish Raleigh Marathon (Vintage Steel)
2006 Trek 820 (Captain Amazing)
2010 Specialized Tricross (Back in Black)
2008 Specialized Roubaix
Likes For mr,grumpy: