View Single Post
Old 11-15-22, 08:00 PM
bonsai171

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
I have a separate (analog) pressure gauge that I use for CX racing. It's handy because it has a release valve that lets me release tiny amounts of pressure to get to a very exact PSI. In CX racing I run very specific tire pressures and a 1-2psi difference can be quite noticeable when you're trying to find the lowest possible pressure. It's also nice because I can toss it in my pocket and easily adjust pressure (down) when I'm out pre-riding a course, without having to circle back to wherever my floor pump is.

For normal gravel and road riding, I just use my floor pump's gauge, which is far less precise or accurate (+/- 5psi variation on mine).
I'm contemplating doing something similar. My rides are typically multi-surface, and can have a lot of rough singletrack.
it would be nice if I'm riding some extended rough stuff to drop a few psi (and know how much it is) and maybe even pump the tires up a bit later for road use so the tires don't drag too much. That might sound like a bit much, but I feel like it would be good for really long rides, like a 70 mile one I want to do which will have lots of gravel and singletrack.

Dave