Old 01-18-23, 07:21 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Well......sometimes I miss the obvious. As I continue to debate the build on the Motta and the Krapf it dawned on me last night that the Superbe FD I have is one of the endless band ones and won't fit either bike. Duh! So I'm leaning towards using the Record 8 speed on this despite really liking how the black chainrings look on the Motta. Although, I may see if there's some classic looking black chainrings around that fit the 135 bcd Campagnolo crank arms. Then I can use any one of my available black Campagnolo freehubbed wheelsets. None of the wheelsets are Campagnolo 8 speed but I'm pretty sure I have a converted Veloce 9 speed cassette, or at least the conversion spacers, in my stash. Going this route just means coming up with a cable kit (black housing I think) and putting 'er together. Now how many more times will I change my mind before I decide, LOL!