Old 03-12-21, 04:13 AM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by gaucho777
I still have to convince my wife that some things are more important than anniversary celebrations. Or maybe my angle should be: "Wouldn't Cambria be a romantic place to spend our anniversary?" I did register for 2020, so I have my rollover registration for September. The date is not as convenient for me as April, though that will give me a few more months to get back in shape (my mileage is way down this year).
I think that's the specific approach that will work, with a bike ride or two thrown in. Plenty of AirBnB or VRBO homes that would be excellent places to stay with ocean views. Question is though how long could you stay to make her feel special while riding Eroica and recovering from the ride. Its got to be more about her than the ride. Also, probably wouldn't recommend suggesting the pre-race dinner counts as a date.

Originally Posted by gugie
Lessee, is SLO County considered Southern California, or is it close enough?
Originally Posted by gaucho777
^Good point. Obviously better to reach herd immunity via vaccination rather than vaccination + infection, mutation, death, and long-term effects.

Regarding SLO question, if I had to pick North versus South, I’d say Southern California. However, as a CA native, I’ve always considered SLO Central California. It’s not far from Santa Barbara, which is SoCal, but culturally it’s different.
Originally Posted by gugie
I was born in SoCal, moved to the Central Valley when I was in 4th grade (which is definitely not NorCal or SoCal in the way I think of it), but considered SLO Central Coast. Culturally it's different than them all.

Still, doesn't rain much at all, especially after I've acclimated to the PNW over the past 7 years.
Agree, SLO/Cambria plus Paso Robles really is Central Coast, areas with distinct charm, weather, and character all their own. As for rain, nothing is as much as Portland / PNW rain weather, you guys measure in 35-45" of rain annually, Cambria only about 20, which is still more than the 14" or so SoCal gets. Between 2011-2017, we had single digit rainfall totals.