View Single Post
Old 06-04-20, 06:25 PM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by Melvang
So, a little back story. My wife has barreled with her weight ever since puberty. She has always thought hypothyroid, but could never get a doctor to do the right tests, and stay with one doctor long enough to see trends. A couple years ago she tried one of the 8 week "boot camp" fitness programs. She did this 4 times in a row with no break between enrollments. She lost a total of 6 pounds. She cut all soda, gained weight. I looked into bariatric surgery for her, for told by the insurance company, sure no problem. She starts, goes through all the red tape, come time for final surgery approval and set a date, denied. Turns out the first person was wrong and they only cover it to fix underlying conditions and not weight loss. I changed employers to just for an insurance policy to cover it. A very willing sacrifice on my part. She had the surgery last November. By her 6 month checkup she is down 85 pounds. Most people are in the 25 to 50 pound range.

Fast forward to today. We went for a quick bike ride with the kiddos. She has rode more this year than the last 4 combined. I suggest to try and tackle "Washburn Hill". Short hill by most of your standards. About a half-mile in length with 65 feet of climb. But the last time she was up there on a bicycle was junior high. But she made it all the way up without having to stop. And she was in my Kona Roast (no light weight rig) that has been converted to 1x9 with a bash ring. So really middle middle chain ring.

Probably one of my proudest moments for her during our marriage of 14 years.
great but what was her average Heart rate. power out put and tempo.
thanks.😀