Old 07-18-20, 06:38 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Ditto, the Outbound light, although some users say there's a noticeable difference in apparent brightness between the pool of light closest to the bike and the more distant beam. In customer videos I see a slightly difference in apparent brightness. Outbound has recently cut the price of their road model, although at the moment they're waiting for batteries so while they'll accept orders and ship the lights as soon as batteries are available. So far they have a good rep for customer satisfaction.

I'm leaning toward a NiteRider Lumina 1800 for the dual LED, wider beam and because my Lumina Micro 850 has been satisfactory overall, other than the limited runtime. It's smaller with a smaller battery and will last the distance of my usual 2-3 hour night rides only if I use the low or medium settings.

The NiteRider lacks the Outbound's lens design that shapes the beam, but the Lumina has a somewhat hooded overhang that acts as a sort of cutoff. It's reasonably effective, good enough for US purposes since we don't have laws regulating bicycle lights. The beam shape is better than my Light & Motion Urban 500.