View Single Post
Old 12-25-20, 12:25 PM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Sojodave
I couldn't get the Selle Anatomica to work for me. I had to angle it pretty far nose up and I felt like I was riding the horn of a horse saddle.
I first purchased a H1 and played with the tilt several times before getting it right. Since the saddle is designed to cradle you, the nose will be tilted up. I simply laid a level across the saddle from the nose to the rear. Got it completely level and it's been perfect ever since.

After purchasing another bike last year, I purchased a X2 saddle because I am less than 190 lbs. Not sure if it's because I haven't ridden it enough to break it in any, but it doesn't seem to be quite as comfortable as the H1 yet. So, I'm going to put that one on my Roam hybrid, and have ordered a H2 with a carbon rail for my road bike.

But, the nose will be tilted up even if the saddle is perfectly level. For me, I've always like the nose up on all saddles and it doesn't seem excessive to me at all.

Last edited by one4smoke; 12-25-20 at 03:31 PM.