Old 07-09-22, 09:03 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
100 miles, in August, in Texas? seriously? my new favorite riding temperature is 56 degrees ... ;-)

sounds like you're completely capable of riding 100 miles. some things I've read & from long rides of my own: start early, drink before thirsty, eat before hungry. consume electrolytes the night before, the morning of, 1/2 way & after the end. take it easy at the beginning. you don't want to have to try to recover while riding. the last 5 to 10 miles are the hardest. got a computer? it helps me mentally pace myself on the last stretch knowing exactly what is left to ride. not knowing, is the worst

don't experiment w/ new foods, supplements or clothing gear, shoes, etc. stick w/ what you know. on long rides I like to take a break at the 1/2 way & treat my feet. sometimes, with creme, sometimes flipping my socks inside out, sometimes adding a covering on a foot hot spot, like taping on a gauze pad w/ creme

is it a race? I'd hate to be in that position. I'm more happy riding solo anyway. if it is a race, or group ride w/ friends, I'd be inclined to tell them I'll be riding my own pace, so "see ya later"

killer/epic rides sometimes takes me 2 weeks to fully recover from

I would not ride the 2 days prior

good luck!

Last edited by rumrunn6; 07-09-22 at 09:16 AM.