View Single Post
Old 08-20-22, 12:57 AM
Peroni

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts
The green frame is from a catalog page and is said to be (circa 1985) Also, a transition step to possibly help with painting and polishing is under the chrome, on both the fork and right chain stay, in the same pattern as the blue Superissimo SLX was refinished.
I'm not sure if it might be 86 or which year, but it seems to be the second version, comparing it to pictures of the orange frame. I was disappointed at first to find the frame had been refinish, but I like it cosmetically, and it would be costly today, the paint seems durable, like polyurethane, maybe.
I've not found evidence of much corrosion, but I need to dig into it fairly completely. This frame looks like it will accept tires wider than 23cm, but I'm not certain of the size limit. This orange frame seems to match all parts of the blue refinished bicycle, except the paint layout for whichever year it is.
This orange frame is from the Cycling Obsession website. I posted the first pictures in the wrong order, and should have posted all of them, I assume the green frame is the same with nicer paint.

Superissimo SLX (mid to late 80s)