Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Ʌ Ʌ Ʌ Ʌ

Earlier on this thread:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Originally Posted by mjac
When if ever are you going ti catch on? I am the best at riding in traffic. The best. It is just that the drivers around here are so bad, so malicious, you can not compensate for them. No matter how good you are.

Whitewater Kayaking. No Cars.
FWIW, my posts to Bikeforums are what they are worth as a decades-long year-round lifestyle cyclist, including urban commuting, but I have been cited as a good source:
Originally Posted by Stun
My experience is that people drive differently in every city and treat cyclists very differently. The best advice often comes from cyclists that live the closest to you

The exception here would also be Jim from Boston--anyone that can successfully commute around Boston has my full respect and probably knows how to deal with about every intersection imaginable!
To the Moderators:

Please don't close this thread because of this dust-up
. I think it has been useful and refreshing to learn and be aware of the "little," i.e non-life-threatening realities of cycle-commuting.

But like, for example,
Originally Posted by banerjek
...squirrels and small animals that race out in front of you, debris and hydrocarbon slime that washes over blind curves on hills, anyone who rides their brakes going downhill, slick conditions, cracks, water over the road, and having my rims and tranny trashed from riding in slop.

Other than that, cycling is awesome
you never know.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 03-23-19 at 10:53 AM.