Old 03-16-11, 12:57 AM
Onegin

Bikes: 1971 Raleigh DL-1, 1979 Raleigh Cameo, 1980's Raleigh Rapide Mixte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gbalke
Are there a couple of C&V members from the UK willing to step up to the plate to assist forum mmbers on this side of the pond?
I don't know if it is much help, but I live in Nottingham UK for part of the year for work, so if someone is really interested in a part from a shop and needs a facilitator for overseas shipment, I can probably help you out. I'm not a professional bike shipper, so would probably be more comfortable with smaller parts (especially given the requirements and expense for trans-atlantic bike shipping). I can probably pick up from a shop anywhere in the East Midlands or Manchester in person and possibly the Greater London area as well. Otherwise, most UK sellers will ship anywhere in the UK for a reasonable fee.

The rest of the year I live in the Twin Cities area, so I'm happy to help out there as well. Again, I'm not a bike shipper, just an enthusiast, so I'd be happy to get the frame to a shop or whatever and let the professionals take over. Feel free to email me through the site and I'd be happy to arrange something.

Also, as a quick FYI to those frustrated with the UK ebay sellers, I do know of a couple shops that will ship to the US if you email them directly.