Old 05-05-22, 06:43 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 438 Posts
BITD, when there was the 'winter off season", riding less time/miles, and adding in some CX, my saddle height would go down about 3-4mm.
When early season started, and mileage increased and mostly road, I would go back up 3-4 mm, sometimes 5.
'Crit' bike had a considerable less setback than 'road'and 2-3mm higher - track bike had even less setback & just a couple mm higher.
When I came back to consistent riding, last May (mostly off bike for 3 yrs...), I had to drop the saddle height 5mm - it was set to what i used before my 'health issue'...
I now am back to original/'normal' road settings... Although I may try taking the saddle forward from 7.8 to 7.4, as my group riding increases...
Otherwise the only thing which might alter a setup is a saddle change - slight adjustments to account for a possible new shape/cradle.
Now living here in Central CA, riding season is 365, so less changes of anything.
Cockpit - I can ride almost anything as long as it's not too short... too short means there's a chance of the knees striking the elbows... and bars too close reduces steering stability for me.
If the bars are too close, any kind of upper body power needed, out of the saddle, is hard to muster if the bars are behind your shoulders.

Cavendish sprint form

Ride On
Yuri
Likes For cyclezen: