View Single Post
Old 11-08-22, 02:18 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
Originally Posted by ehcoplex
Looking to swap my 58cm ’72 blue Peugeot PX-10 frame for a 60cm or 62cm frame- ideally the same year & color. I absolutely love this bike, but age and neck issues are calling for higher bars and a bit more of an upright riding position, and my french-addicted aesthetic sensibility deters me from just getting a taller (ie Technomic) stem. Frame is in good shape, though a fair amount of ‘patina’ (paint-chips and rust held at bay with clear nail polish). Chrome is pretty good. Unmolested Simplex RD hanger. Only mods are the drop-out eyelets have been tapped for M6 bolts and the rear triangle spread to 126mm. The down-tube stop for clamp-on shifters has fallen off- there’s a small dab of JB Weld where the stop was to prevent the shifters from sliding down. Detail photos, etc. on request.

Originally Posted by vonfilm
I would trade my Peugeot PX-10 frame set for a 21 inch Trek 750 Multitrack. It is 63.5 CM(25 inches)
Scratches and patina.
Similar frame sets from other makes considered. Let me know what you have.
P1000804 by vonfilm, on Flickr

P1000771 by vonfilm, on Flickr
Not sure if you two have connected? Maybe the 63.5 is too big?
Likes For noobinsf: