Old 01-14-23, 11:51 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Back from skiing and on the trainer. Today was 3 sets of 5x(30”on 1’off). Max on was z3. I found a higher z2 power and for the off segment bumped the power 25 watts for the on.

I put my Garmin Vector 3 power pedals on the trainer bike and connected the power meter to my Garmin head unit. I put the Garmin Neo Tacx in ERG mode and controlled trainer power from my iPhone.

The Garmin head unit with the Vector 3 was reading 20 watts higher than the power reading from the Neo via my iPhone. I knew it. I completed the warmup.

I recalibrated the Vector 3 and started the first interval. Hmmm, the Garmin head unit is now reading about 8 watts higher. I recalibrated the Vector 3 again and now the Garmin is 6 to 7 watts higher than the Neo. Hmmmm. I would expect the Garmin Vector to read a few watts higher than the Neo due to drive train losses. So it seems like it is reading about right. But I would NEVER use the Neo or any other power coming from a trainer on Zwift.

I definitely feel more force in the bottom of my feet riding the trainer versus riding on the road for the same power. F it. I suck on the trainer. Get over it.

The good news is I am on the trainer again tomorrow for even a longer ride. Yeah baby, I cannot wait for that action.