Old 09-19-22, 10:03 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by SkinnyLad
I've been through a lot of bicycle tracking apps and they all seem to be missing the features I'd find most useful. The best one that I've tried is Cyclemeter. Although a very good app for what it does, the free version seems to lack relevant (for me) visual feedback during rides that tells me how I fare on a particular route (relative to previous rides). What I'd want is a very simple and lightweight tracker/recorder of routes that can show me in real time how many seconds or so I am from my average/max on a particular track AND some specific part of it. The ability to insert checkpoints and partition the track (segments, I think some paid apps call them) and follow up on their stats is missing from every free app that I've tried and this feature is THE point of a bicycle racing app in my mind, otherwise I can just use a stop watch and do the math myself as a post workout wind-down.

Everybody wants something different but I'm puzzled there isn't a free app with this focus. I happen to know a software developer who may be willing to create something simple for android but there could already be a perfect app out there on google play and I've missed it. Doesn't have to be bike specific. The criteria is:

- Free or ad-based with no unnecessary data collection or signups
- Ability to record tracks/routes and insert checkpoints (google maps not required, just show me the layout and where I stand)
- Simple UI with some saved stats cleverly designed for "race against time" rides

Everything else is really superfluous to the way I exercise. Maybe all of this is already in Cyclemeter but I can't find it. As I said, that would be an OK app if I could follow up different track segments and have a differently customized UI during rides. Is anybody else looking for something similar?
It could relate to the word free. If you substitute the words paid or pay, you might find an app that does what you want.
Likes For seypat: