Old 11-02-22, 12:14 PM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 984 Times in 508 Posts
Around this time last year I bought a good indoor trainer, and I used it a lot that winter. I'm about to set it up and start using it again. I ride outside a little in the winter, just not often and not long distances. I run outside in the winter, sometimes more than summer. I've never been one to go to a gym often. I have free access to a nice one, but it's not my thing. I have a rowing machine and a few weights at home, which I actually use, more in winter than other seasons.

Edited to add: My trainer is a TACX. Although it will work with Zwift and many other apps, the only one I've ever used with it is the TACX app. I ride lots of virtual routes in Europe. They even have challenges you can sign up for, to ride a particular group of routes within a specified timeframe. If you do it, they'll send you a real (not virtual) embroidered patch. I am astounded at how hard I'm willing to work for a patch. They really know how to market their service to keep people subscribing and using it. At least they have my number, so to speak.

Last edited by Broctoon; 11-02-22 at 12:23 PM.
Likes For Broctoon: