Old 12-01-22, 11:32 AM
pnwgopher

Bikes: Serotta Rapid Tour, 89 Paramount, AD Vent Noir, All-City Space Horse

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel
@pnwgopher you going Accushift Plus-era Superbe Pro? That's the good stuff right there. Had all but the crankset and brake levers (levers were nearly SP level) on an old 67cm Davidson that might be nice to have back now (regrets!). 7800 is great stuff; can't go wrong. But getting some period correct jewelry on the bike makes sense, and I find myself not minding reverting back to that on certain frames or just keeping what's original (but in great shape) on there, like with my Voyageur SP. This Paramount will 99.999999% not be having that done as I see DA 9000, the wheels, etc as that frame/bike in its best form. IF, and that's a big (and dangerous, haha) if...IF I had to put something on it, I would go full crazy person and have the bike painted a deep candy red metallic with near-black metallic decals, put essentially NOS-level Accushift Plus-era Superbe Pro with the hubs laced to mint MA40 rims, with silver seatpost/stem/bars/headset. Tan wall tires of course. I've seen nearly this exact bike, but in a much smaller size, a number of years ago. Stars in my eyes, let me tell you, even if the braking performance is nowhere near 7800/7900/9000.
7700/7800 on these frames looks really great, but 9000 paired with that black frame looks incredible.
Likes For pnwgopher: