View Single Post
Old 12-10-22, 10:25 AM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2155 Post(s)
Liked 3,404 Times in 1,205 Posts
42 degrees is pretty much the lowest temperature at which I will ride a bike. Easier if it's sunny, but at 71 it just takes too long to warm up (and warm up again after the ride) to go out for more than a few hours. Lucky to have three (!) opportunities to ride outside this week, of which this was the third. 29 miles around some of the local lakes, combination of pavement and gravel with a handful of very steep, very abrupt climbs thrown in. Lots of people out walking as well, more than a few couples bundled up against the cold. Only two other riders, though.

Freedom Trail, tucked away behind a large garden center and the local post office

The more I ride this 87 Voyageur, the more impressed I become with its competence and smooth shifting triple. Biopace!

More ducks and geese than people on this side of the lake. Their breeding grounds are just to the right

Lake Mercer. If you look closely, you can see some of the taller tree stumps still sticking out of the water over thirty years after the dam was created.