View Single Post
Old 12-22-22, 05:29 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by Prowler
Sorry about this, but I didn’t ride. I had to make an unplanned trip home to the Steele Creek Community over the weekend - drive from home thru Carlisle, PA, down the Shenandoah Valley and up thru Fancy Gap. Long dull drive but much improved by having our own jimmuller and his Southern Rail going on the CD player (Live at the Linden Tree). The Blue Ridge on one side, the Jefferson National Forest on the other and blue grass music swirling around the cabin of that old car...
First, a big thanks to @Prowler for the nice comments! (Prowler, I spent much of my earlier life in that part of the world, including I-81 and even before I-81 was built. Haven't gotten down that way much lately.)

Also thanks to Prowler for pinging me with some email. I've been remiss in logging into BF. As usual, this thread has so many great pics and ride stories that they are hard to take in! We have taken the tandem out a few time over the last month or so but I didn't post anything about it. No pics either, just quiet rides though the outer ruraburbs. We have played a few shows that kept us busy and then the weather got cold and unpleasant. Tomorrow they are predicting lots of rain and wind gusts up near 55mph. Then it is supposed to get January-cold. So there isn't much riding in the near future. I'm not bike-commuting these days, mostly working from home and waiting for the post-covid stupid-traffic to subside, and the garage is too cold for recreational wrenching. All of which amounts to poor excuses for why bike thoughts have not been a high priority around here. Ah, but I have been riding the faithful UO-8 indoors almost daily! Riding indoors means never having to use the brakes. Or make turns either.

Stay healthy and safe, everyone. Happy holidays!
Likes For jimmuller: