Old 05-09-21, 09:18 AM
babyboomer

Bikes: Holland Exogrid Jet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by popeye
Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery? Does the charge light go out after a period of time? It sounds like you have lost a connection somewhere. Have you tried going back to your old battery?
Unfortunately, all of my tools are in storage, so I can't check the battery. However, there are no indications that the charging process didn't work. Yes, the charge light goes out. The front derailleur works fine, and the green LED comes on in response to manipulation of any of the shift controls.

I have suspected that there might be a loose connection. I have checked them multiple times.

My bike is of the travel variety, meaning that the frame comes apart. Unfortunately, taking the frame apart often results in dislodging the cables. Whoever installed the system did a great job of minimizing the amount of slack in the cables, but that also resulted in a lack of flexibility and tolerance. Some of the connections are recessed within the frame and difficult to access. It's not always easy to secure those connections with a reassuring snap. I will check all of the connections again, paying particular attention the ones near the bottom bracket shell that keep popping out.

Reinstalling the old battery has occurred to me. It's the first thing I'll do after extending the cable to which it's attached, and rechecking all of the connections. If I don't extend the cable, it means that every time I want to service the battery I have to take the frame apart. I'll spare you the details, but it's complicated and tedious.

Last edited by babyboomer; 05-09-21 at 09:43 AM.