Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
Originally Posted by babyboomer
And if I didn't mention it before, when I plug the SM-BCR2 into the laptop, Windows doesn't even acknowledge it with the customary tone. I don't recall whether it ever did so before, because it has been over a year since the last time I used the linkage device to perform maintenance on the system.
I don't know if that is a problem or not. I just plugged in mine and got the tones.

When you open eTube Project, does it recognize the SM-BCR2? Can you see all the individual Di2 components listed in it that are on your bike. If not, then there is definitely a problem somewhere. But whether it's between eTube and Windows or just that something is bad in your chain of Di2 components I can't say.

What version of eTube are you using with Windows? I'm still using ver 3.4.5. There have been some issues with the new vers 4.whatever and Windows that Shimano has been slow to fix. Though it's been a few months since I checked whether they fixed it.

Version 3.4.5 doesn't get uninstalled when you install the new version 4.x, so if you ever had it, it might be still on your PC.