View Single Post
Old 10-29-22, 08:18 PM
Lombard
Sock Puppet

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon, 2017 Jamis Renegade Exploit and too many others to mention.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 573 Posts
Originally Posted by mdo53
Visited the bike store early this morning and told the person that greeted me that I purchased the bike two weeks ago and the brakes would not skid. This person said he never heard of any state bike laws requiring a bike's brakes to skid. I showed him SC Law Section 56-5-3490 on my iPhone and read it to him " A bicycle must be equipped with a brake that will enable the bicyclist to make the brakes skid on dry, level, clean pavement". He seemed confused so I used the example that should a careless driver fail to yield right-of-way or I wreck the unsafe and faulty bike that they sold me, resulting in injury to myself or someone else, the word attorney could possibly come into play. We have an understanding. Once the bike tech finished, the salesman asked me to test drive the bike. The brakes were much better and would skid. The bike tech approached and told me we were all newbies and explained bedding process and offered additional adjustments if I desired.

I purchased a front light and water bottle holder while waiting. The salesman installed them and included a free water bottle for my inconvenience. No need to call or write Trek, issue resolved and I am happy.
Amazing the power of the word "lawyer".