Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked 2,277 Times in 1,099 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Interesting. As I read the o.p. I did not hear any wish for government overreach in their rant. But you did. And that is why we are #doomed. We know what is the right thing but we don't want enforcement. No enforcement (government) = anarchy. I'm not sure what is so wrong with a little supervision. We need it. We are #doomed without it.
The OP posted
Why isnt it required to have a "good" bike rack out in front of all businesses?
To be a requirement for all businesses, it would have to be an ordinance would it not? At the minimum it would seem that would be zoning at the local level. An ordinance requiring a business that is not going to get patrons using a bike is overreach and abuse of government IMHO. I live in a very bike friendly community and I appreciate the efforts my local government has made to provide clearly marked bike lanes and signage. But if they even discussed an ordinance that it is to be "required to have a good bike rack out in front of all businesses" I would think they need their heads examined. I don't know how the hell you got we are doomed to anarchy out of my opinion.