Old 08-03-21, 01:52 PM
Axeman88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tcs
You asked: 'I wonder if the parts are interchangeable with the Bendixes...'

I answered: 'the whole point of the Eagle effort was to make interchangeable hubs & parts available again'.

Then you start talking about interchangeable sprockets.

At this point any way I try to help you and any explanation I give will probably be misconstrued. Out.
I read what I said in my first post as,

"The drawback with these Bendix Hubs, besides being essentially collectors items with no supply of spare parts, is that the sprocket is integrated into the assembly with no ability to change ratios.

Then in my later post as:

" I read that the Yellow Stripe automatic hubs came only with 18 tooth sprockets and that there were 18 and 20 tooth versions of the Blue stripe hubs, and they were not interchangeable between Yellow and Blue. Would you know if these new "Eagle" hubs are the same? "

I'd say I can't seem to get OFF that sprocket talk.

So what is it about the Eagle hubs that is "interchangeable"? Can we buy individual components, like brake shoes, or even the very small but pricey reterder spring as spares? It doesn't do me much good to buy a $110 Eagle so I can steal the brake shoes to replace worn out shoes from a $80 Bendix, although I imagine it would appeal to a collector who feels the need to have everything "correct".

Last edited by Axeman88; 08-03-21 at 02:00 PM.